Saturday, November 14, 2009

Introducing Sophie

Hello all, today's blog is going to be all good. Yesterday was simply an incredible day, Fri the 13th at 9:43am Sophie was born. Both Angie and baby have done great. I know the majority of the readers are women so I thought you would appreciate a nice post about the new addition to our family. Sophie was born by c section (I was not prepared for what I saw by the way), but anyway, everything went smoothly and I was handed a beautifull, blond baby. She is stunning, and I know all parents say that but I am pretty sure she is a cute baby, but that's not as important as that it all went ok and everyone was safe. The people at mount sinai hospital (which is right across Toronto General where Natalia is) were great to us. Dedicated and have been with us for 24hrs providing great support to the 3 of us, highly recommend as a place to have a baby.

Anyway, the day went great, we got the breast feeding going which as a man is just incredible to see and have been up for 24hrs now. Not because of the baby, but just difficult to sleep when you worry about something, me about angie and sophie, angie about baby..... We will get better and I think sleep is on the horizon. Sophie likes to cry so far, screams actually, but it doesn't last long, almost as if checking if we are still around. As soon as she knows that we are she is fine. So all is well and fatherhood is more incredible than I thought it would be.

As for Natalia, we continue to pray. She is at the best place in the world to wait and get a lung transplant. My mom, dad and martin have been there during the visiting hours and also had a big meeting with the transplant team. I don't know exactly what was discussed since I am across the street, but the team is optimistic that the lungs are coming any time. Natalia is stable so let's keep the spirits high and I can't wait to tell all of you that the call has come. Nothing will make me happier.

John

P.S - I hope the post is coherent since I am writing it on my blackberry without any proof reading.

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new arrival John, that's such wonderful news to be able to share with your dear sister Natalia.........a new cousin for Scarlet, how thrilling is that?

You are right in saying that Natalia is in the best possible hospital anywhere, Toronto General. My son had his transplant there and I couldn't have asked for any better care than what was given to him.

My prayers are with Natalia and your family that those new lungs arrive soon.

Sandy
CF Mom

Poppy said...

Perfectly coherent post! Congratulations John & Angie on the birth of your precious Sophie! I know how much Natalia was looking forward to the birth of her niece and a cousin for Scarlett. It's wonderful that the girls will be so close in age, great companions for sure! My granddaughters are 3 yrs. apart but thick as thieves!

Thank you for the continued updates on Natalia. We're sending positive thoughts and many, many prayers your way.

Get some sleep...that will be a high commodity in the coming days!

rb said...

Hi John,

Congratulations to you and Angie!! How exciting! I am so happy for all of you. I hope Angie is feeling well and glad that everything went great. Love the name! So pretty, for (I'm sure) a beautiful baby! :)
Thank you for the updates and letting us know whats been going on. You've all been in my thoughts.
I am continuing to pray and hope, and am always thinking of Nat.
Our rabbi is saying a special prayer this weekend for Natalia. Sending love.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janek,
That is a wonderful news! Congratulations and all the blessings for you guys and especially for little Sophie.
I am sure that Natalia soon will be able to meet her new niece. We all pray for her.
And thank you Janek for keeping us updated. We all start our days by checking your blog. That help us to keep Natalia in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. You are such a good brother and lucky Sophie to have a father like you.

Iwona and Andrzej

Nadine said...

Congrats on the birth of Sophie and thanks for keeping us up to date about Natalia.

Cyn said...

A coherent and beautiful post!! One can never be entirely prepared for the feelings of meeting your new little one for the first time. It's wonderful to hear that everything went so well and everyone is doing well.

I will continue to keep everyone in my thoughts. Thank you so much for the daily updates!

Can't wait to see a picture of the beautiful new addition!

Sarah Andrews said...

John! I am so happy for you and Angie! I love the name Sophie! So glad to hear that things are going well. You will sleep soon but it's just way to hard at first.

Yay for 2009 babies. My daughter was born in January!

Nat has been so excited to be Sophie's Aunt! Sophie and Scarlett are going to be amazing friends. Nat and I have dreamed to have tea parties and play dates with our daughters when she gets her lungss and it looks like Sophie will just have to be there too. :O)

Thank you so much for the update. I have been sending all of my hope to Nat and I agree with the transplant team. It's going to happen soon and I cannot wait for your post either John.

Enjoy your little bundle cause she is going to change so fast! Hopefylly Jen is going to take some pics for you cause I can't wait to see her.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Angie - Your mom and dad must be thrilled to have another grandbaby...Hugs and Kisses to all of your family. Linda F.

Wewurtskihit said...

Congratulations John and Angie!

May your child grow strong and healthy and give you the joy we all received from our own kids!!!!

Glad to hear that Nat is doing well. PLease send her our love from Vancouver!!!!!

Mark

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 John and Angie. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan